Supported Work Experience Placements
We work with local special and mainstream schools to provide work placements for students who benefit from extra support that cannot be accommodated by most mainstream employers. For trainees attending from school or college the benefits of a supported work placement are:
- To understand what it is like to work
- See the differences between school and work
- Find out what employers expect of workers
- Work with people of different ages and abilities
- Try a job that interests them
- Understand the importance of doing a job properly
- Develop skills and learn new ones
Skills developed through a work placement include
- trade skills (concrete mixing, carpentry, gardening, catering)
- workplace skills (e.g. health and safety, working as a team)
- life skills (e.g. cooking, independent travel )
- basic skills (numeracy, literacy and IT)
We also offer an optional qualification in Employability.
If you would like to visit Phoenix to see our work first hand, please contact us to arrange a visit. We provide taster sessions to interested students, free of charge.